Exciting facts about the history of the small town of Grüningen.
The museum on the first floor of the castle provides a good overview of the history of Grüningen and its former lordship and bailiwick. Noteworthy are the various old views of Grüningen and a model photograph showing Grüningen Castle and the village around 1750.
The special exhibition ZUNDER UND ZASTER, which opened in 2021, focuses on the fire and rebuilding of the church and castle from 1970 to 1977, documenting this drastic fire of Grüningen's landmark with images, audio and special events.
Location and opening hours
The museum is located on the first floor of the castle building and is open on Sundays from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Guided group tours are available by appointment. The castle café is open at the same time.
Location for seminars and celebrations